Re: [Jamie Lokier <jamie.lokier@cern.ch>] libc/1068: [glibc] Possible erroneous return code from Linux __getdirentries

   From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de>
   Date: 07 Apr 1999 13:32:48 +0200

   We could (as my appended patch does) directly return the -1 from
   getdents for errors.  Is this the right semantic?

AFAICT it is compatible with NetBSD.  So the patch looks OK to me.

Jamie, why are you calling __getdirentries?  The symbol has a double
underscore in front of it and therefore it is a glibc internal symbol
that should not be used outside glibc itself.

Mark