Re: ut_id questions

Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org> writes:

|> Let's see... this is what Solaris showed me.  The left is ut_id, and
|> the right is ut_line.  The / notation appears a few times, and tn??
|> notation is sequential through utmp irregardless of the order of the
|> ptys, so probably some daemon is responsible for all of those.

It's even worse if dtremote is involved, then ut_id is set to some random
part of the remote address.    The Solaris man page describes ut_id as the
"/sbin/inittab id".

--
Andreas Schwab                                      "And now for something
schwab@issan.cs.uni-dortmund.de                      completely different"