Re: [Keith Owens <kaos@ocs.com.au>] libc/1174: stdio without SA_RESTART loses output

Andreas Jaeger <aj@arthur.rhein-neckar.de> writes:

> [1  <text/plain>]
>
> Here comes another bug report - this time the problem is signal
> handling.
>
> The program writes blocks of 512 data to stdout and loses 8 such
> blocks when a signal occurs.  If the program use write in a loop, it
> should work with checking errno for EINTR - but the program uses
> fwrite.
>
> What needs to be done?

I don't think anything but I have to verify this.  The code causing
this behaviour was introduced because of a POSIX conformance
test. This required that it is possible to interrupt a blocking fwrite
using a signal (e.g., SIGALRM).

I'll have to look at this in more detail and therefore haven"t
responded so far.