Re: Help: Unwinding the C++ stack...throw, longjmp & threads

Ulrich Drepper wrote:

> "George T. Talbot" <george@moberg.com> writes:
>
> > I just had a thought...all I care about is enabling -fexceptions for any
> > function which is a cancellation point in the C library, or any function
> > that
> > calls a cancellation point in the C library.  Maybe there's a way to
> > narrow
> > down which functions get -fexceptions applied to them.  I noticed that
> > each
> > function is in its own file, which is a really good idea and should make
> > that a bit easier.  (Does such a list exist already?)
>
> You have to find all cancelation point and al functions which directly
> or indirectly use callback functions (which could be C++).  This is
> not trivial.

I just looked and all my hair just fell out.  ;^)

You're right.  It's a big list.  Not too sure what to do about that
yet...

> And in addition, to justify the changes, you'll have to come up with a
> scheme how the exception handling can be used in C to implement the
> POSIX cancelation stuff.

I suggested on the gcc@gcc.gnu.org list extending the C compiler a bit
to support try and catch in C (with different names to avoid clashes),
and the people on that list liked the idea a lot for various reasons.

--
George T. Talbot
<george@moberg.com>

P.S.  It was good to meet you at LinuxWorld.  Your talks on glibc and
the linker were great.