Re: one more bug in getaddrinfo()

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz <misiek@misiek.eu.org> writes:

> ./getadd> getaddrinfo() from glibc returns only one address per family while
> getaddrinfo() from bind returns all available addresses, so glibc
> implementation is buggy.

That's a very strange reasoning.  There is no wording in the internet
draft specifying that all names must be returned.

Anyhow, the current implementation already tries to return all names.
I don't know why it does not work and since DNS reports only one
address (and certainly no IPv6 address I cannot test it).

The getaddrinfo() implementation uses gethostbyname2().  Can you
please try to see what this function returns for IPv4?  If this leads
to the correct result please step though the getaddrinfo() function
with a debugger.  It is straightforward.