Re: gconv aliases

Pawel Krawczyk <kravietz@ceti.pl> writes:

> Shouldn't /usr/lib/gconv/gconv-modules contain aliases translating
> CP-XXXX charsets into proper module names? In this case this should
> be only CP-XXXX to CPXXXX. For ISO this works well.

Somewhere there has to be a boundary of what is supported.
gconv-modules is already very large and I don't intend to add any kore
unnecessary stuff.  Simply spell the charset name correct.

If you want to add your own local aliases there is no problem.  This
is why this is a plain text file and not hardcoded.  But for the
general public it makes things worse.