Re: [Various] libc/1336: Problem building JDK 1.2.1 with glibc 2.1.2

Mark>    Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 17:05:11 +0100
Mark>    From: Kars de Jong <jongk@linux-m68k.org>

>> My guess is that in the versioning information in ttcp, somehow the
>> dependency on libpthread is recorded, while no DT_NEEDED entry for
>> libpthread is included.  Could you try to figure out if this is indeed
>> the case Kars?

Kars>    Looks like a Bingo! to me:

Mark> It seems a bit strange that ld is producing DT_VERNEED entries for
Mark> libraries it is not producing DT_NEEDED entries for.  Maybe the
Mark> generation of DT_VERNEED entries should force the generation of a
Mark> DT_NEEDED entry.

Is there agreement that this is a bug in ld?  In that case I'm going
to close the report soonish.

Kars, can you report this to the binutils people, please?

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de