Re: Small fixes/additions for 2.1.3

> From: Ulrich Drepper <drepper@cygnus.com>
> Date: 14 Nov 1999 16:34:36 -0800
>
> Franz Sirl <Franz.Sirl-kernel@lauterbach.com> writes:
> > Uli, would you please consider the loader patch Geoff posted on
> > libc-hacker for 2.1.3?

No, please don't.  It has a bug.

> As it is I don't like it.  There shouldn't be any changes to the
> generic code.

Aha!  That comment helped me find the bug.

We still have to change the generic code, but it'll be much cleaner.
The problem is that ld.so tries to re-relocate itself while it is
using the PLT entries that are being changed, so there are extra
consistency requirements, and I'd missed some of them.  So I'll just
suppress the whole lazy PLT thing for this case and then they should
go away.

The bug probably is only visible on sufficiently fast systems, or
systems with the right kind of CPU, or something.

I hope to have a fixed patch real soon now.  I'd like it to be tested
quite a bit before being included in a release (particularly a dot
release).

--
Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@cygnus.com>