Re: Linux vs. libio

    Ulrich> Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com> writes:

    >> Fortunately, the changes are relatively minimal: almost no code
    >> -- just a few changes in structure definitions and in a few
    >> macros.

    Ulrich> Adding these changes will probably be ok for other
    Ulrich> platforms (since there is no backward compatibility to be
    Ulrich> maintained) and it is also ok *for test purposes* to use
    Ulrich> this changed code on Linux, but no production release
    Ulrich> should be made with these changes and people should be
    Ulrich> discouraged to distribute libstdc++ versions compiled in
    Ulrich> this way.

Now I feel like you've heard what I was saying.

That's *exactly* what the purpose of the changes is -- other platforms
and testing.  That's what I said all along.

I can also imagine that we might have a configuration using the
un-integrated versino for people who have "old" libcs (like RH 6.x)
but want to use -fnew-abi.

Obviously, we're not going to ship anything with -fnew-abi until it's
stable, tested, etc.