tone of recent discussion re: libio, Linux and new ABI

Well, it appears that some progress is finally being made on the issues
Mark Mitchell raised.  But I hope that in the future we can have such
discussions with a lot fewer insults, ultimatums, and territoriality and turf
wars.  This whole thing reminded me of the bad old days on the gcc2 list
where contributors were quitting right and left because they were tired
of being insulted.  Early in the egcs days, we were treating each other
better.