Re: I think ip6.h should change

>The definition of ip6_hdr in ip6.h does not comply with RFC 2460.
>The reason is that the new header format is 8 bits for traffic class
>and 20 bits for flow label rather than 4 bits priority and 24 bits
>flow label. I also think it's a good idea to use bit fields.

Thanks for the report.  You might like to mention it to the kernel people as
well.

The old structure was taken verbatim from the IPv6 Basic API specification in
RFC 2292.  There is now a later version of the API published as an
Internet-Draft that includes various changes with which glibc hasn't yet
caught up.  This may well be one such; I'll take a look.

>it's better to change it now,
>while there are not that much code that depends on it.

The whole set of IPv6 protocols and APIs is still in a state of flux.
Programs that mess with things at the level of these headers are particularly
likely to get burned.  I hope that things will settle down over the next
months and then we can make a concerted effort to make sure glibc supports the
final versions of the interfaces.  Meantime people have to expect a slightly
rocky ride if they play with this stuff.

BTW:

>-/* Hop-by-Hop options header.  */
>+/* Hop-by-Hop options header */

When you send patches, please don't arbitrarily change the formatting of
comments.  At the moment the code in glibc has a fairly consistent style and
it would be nice to keep it that way.

p.