Re: glibc-2.0.108/9 xstat undefined symbol, make check fails on localedata

 > I compiled with glibc-2.0.109.tar.gz, and glibc-localedata-2.0.7pre3.tar.gz
 > (the latest localedata I've found, where are the latest if this isn't it?
 > -I'm getting most of my stuff from sourceware.cygnus.com), with crypt
 > and linuxthreads

There's no localedata add-on for glibc 2.0.109 since localedata is now
part of glibc 2.1.  Don't use glibc-localedata-2.0.7pre3 with glibc
2.1 test releases!  Please rm -rf your sources and start again.

 > The actual *.out files from make check with fail lines are here
 > (something like $find ./ -name "*.out" | xargs grep -i fail )
That's the wrong way to check!  Just run make check - if the make
aborts with an error code, the tests fails.  All outputs you presented
is from known, expected failures.  Nothing to worry about (but feel
free to improve glibc;-).

 > I am running 2.0.108 at present and am having trouble because of xstat
 > being an undefined symbol. I can't run sendmail (hence you aren't getting
 > this from the bug script) or netscape. These both worked fine with 2.0.7pre6
 > Here's the error messages from netscape and sendmail

 > netscape: error in loading shared libraries: /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6: undefined symbol: _xstat
 > sendmail: error in loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libdb.so.2: undefined symbol: _xstat
libdb.so.2 should live in /lib.  Are you sure that you're using a
libX11 that's compiled for glibc2?  This message comes normally with
libc5 libraries mixed with glibc libraries.  _xstat is really not
available in glibc2.1.

 > I would be very happy if you could tell me how to solve the xstat problem
 > and get back my mail and netscape.

rm /usr/lib/libdb.so.2 and install X11 libraries compiled cleanly for
glibc2.

 > I notice lots of comments about xstat in the code which talks about the
 > old unix xstat. I haven't a clue what this is about or whether it is part
 > of this problem.
See also the FAQ.

Andreas
--