Re: glibc-crypt 2.0.111

[Ulrich Drepper]
>  ... I don't know anything about your scripts.  You should exactly
>  examine the program with parameters which causes the problems,
>  its environment and the files it uses.

  You could take my scripts at face value, at least.

  It looks like __rawmemchr is new to glibc-2.0.111.  It isn't present
in .109 and probably not in .110 (I don't have it handy at the moment).
If you try to run a binary that was linked against glibc-2.0.111 and then
run with something earlier you'll get that error (tested against .109).

  As I had said, I (re)compile everything with everything, so when I
forgot to seed my clean environment with glibc-2.0.111 and used .110
and then ran a bunch of .111-compiled binaries, I was bound to run
into problems.  I expected to encounter them a lot *sooner* than later,
but that seems to have been the problem.

  Other people probably won't encounter that situation for a bit.  (:

  It is probably worth noting since "symbol __rawmemchr, version GLIBC_2.1
not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference" is a tad less
obvious than some variation of "symbol not found."
								--- john