Re: get_myaddress

On Tue, Feb 02, 1999 at 05:19:27AM -0700, Jack Cummings wrote:

> get_myaddress() in glibc-2.0.xxx appears to be broken. It fails on ioctls. (
> which will cause things like nfs-server-2.2beta37, and ypbind-1.4 to fail )
>
> Replacing it with the glibc-2.0.6 version fixes the problem.

Please DON'T do that ! It will break a lot of other stuff !
glibc 2.0.6 will only find the localhost interface, not the
real network interfaces. It is bad to send a message to a
server with 127.0.0.1 as from line, the server will nerver
send an answer back. In the moment we have here this problem
with glibc 2.0.x.

Could it be, that you have misconfigured your network devices ?

Or tell me a little bit more about your problems.

  Thorsten
--
Thorsten Kukuk      http://home.pages.de/~kukuk/      kukuk@suse.de
SuSE GmbH           Schanzaeckerstr. 10             90443 Nuernberg