Re: Use of GLibc code in other programs.

Jeff Bailey <jbailey@nisa.net> writes:

> Most code, however, doesn't seem to come across easily, because it
> is written with the glibc-types of uint32, etc and builtins like
> weak_alias already defined.

If the code uses these types it is for good reasons.

> Is it desirable to make this easier?  I'm thinking of a simple header
> file which typedefs and defines all of the different items, and then
> do an #ifndef __GLIBC__ to include the new header file.

If would have to be marked #ifndef _LIBC but basically this is how it
works.  I would decide on case by case basis whether the patch goes in
like sent or not.

> Would you accept patches to that effect?

If they are clean, yes.

> If yes, is there any precedance for
> what the include file should be called or where it should be stored?

All definitions must go into config.h and

#ifdef CONFIG_H
# include <config.h>
#endif

Must be added to the files.  Take a lok at the files in
sysdeps/generic.  Many have this.