manual/libc.texinfo on arm

I've been having trouble building the latest libc from cvs on a NetWinder,
armv4l.  It dies during the make install on glibc/manual/libc.texinfo.
This may be an arm related problem, so I'm just wondering if anyone else
(mainly in the arm environment) is having any trouble during installs.

The problem I have is:

LANGUAGE=C LC_ALL=C makeinfo libc.texinfo
libc.texinfo:104: No matching `@end ifnottex'.
libc.texinfo:110: Unmatched `@end'.
makeinfo: Removing output file
`/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/glibc/manual/libc.info' due to errors; use --force
to preserve.
Making info file `libc.info' from `libc.texinfo'.
make[2]: *** [libc.info] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/glibc/manual'

This was changed:
1999-02-25  Andreas Schwab  <schwab@issan.cs.uni-dortmund.de>

        * manual/libc.texinfo: Wrap @top node inside @ifnottex instead of
        @ifinfo.

If I undo this change, it then generates the libc.info files.  Is this an
arm only problem?  (It is possible that my texinfo is getting confused..)

I have the recommended texinfo, and the last glibc I built was:
	[root@vree manual]#  rpm -q glibc
	glibc-2.1-0.990219
	[root@vree manual]# rpm -qf `which makeinfo`
	texinfo-3.12-10