Notes on Sparc/Solaris 2.6 stuff

Well, Friday is my last day here at this job, and it will be a while before I
have access to a sparc at the new company.  Here are my personal TODO notes
on porting Glibc to Sparc/Solaris2.6.  Ulrich, I don't know if you want to
include a SPARC-TODO file, or make a reference on your webpage.  Either way,
there's posted here for everyone's viewing pleasure =)  If you need anything
further (followup, etc) - The jbailey@gnu.org will find me eventually.

dirent/scandir64.c: _D_ALLOC_NAMLEN stuff isn't defined right.  I haven't
figured out what it means yet, so no pointers to an answer
dirent/alphasort64.c, dirent/versionsort64.c: d_name doesn't appear to be
defined right, probably associated with above.

sysdeps/unix/sysv/sysv4/waitpid.c: Several conflicting def'ns with
posix/sys/wait.h (P_PID, P_PGID, P_ALL) -> Need to verify whether posix
values are acceptable, if so, correct.  Or (last choice, delete and revert to
stub from sysdeps/generic)

sysdeps/unix/sys/sysv4/getpgid.c: Conflicting defn's with posix/unistd.h.
(__getpgid, getpgid)

sysdeps/unix/sysv/sysv4/setpgid.c: Conflicitng defn's with posix/unistd.h
(pid, pgid).  Several conflicting def'ns with posix/sys/wait.h (P_PID,
P_PGID, P_ALL) -> Need to verify whether posix values are acceptable, if so,
correct. sysdeps/generic/setpgid.c is broken in the same way.

sysdeps/generic/getpgrp.c: Bad definition, easy fix.

sysdeps/unix/sysv/sysv4/setsid.c: Bad definition, easy fix

sysdeps/unix/getlogin.c: UT_NAMESIZE not defined

sysdeps/posix/open64.c: O_LARGEFILE not defined

io/ftw64.c: _D_EXACT_NAMLEN seems to have bad defn'n, as well as d_name
again.

sysdeps/unix/common/tcsendbrk.c: TCSBRK not defined

login/getutid_r.c, sysdeps/generic/utmp_file.c: RUN_LVL, BOOT_TIME, OLD_TIME, NEW_TIME, INIT_PROCESS, LOGIN_PROCESS, USER_PROCESS, DEAD_PROCESS not defined

--- It's been fun working on this, hope someone takes it up, and I certainly hope that I find the occasion to submit more patches.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit
materiari?