Re: struct stat

On Sat, Mar 13, 1999 at 09:09:08PM +0100, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> Right now gcc is the only compiler that we now of that supports a 64-bit
> integer type.  This implies that if you want to compare two dev_t's
> you have to use gcc.

As an at least interim solution, how about providing a macro to compare
two dev_t values?  One that would work regardless of whether gcc was
used, comparing the long longs if long longs are available and the
structs otherwise?

Dan

|       Daniel Jacobowitz        |__|     CMU, CS class of 2002      |
|   Debian GNU/Linux Developer    __   Part-Time Systems Programmer  |
|         dan@debian.org         |  |        drow@cs.cmu.edu         |