Can't find getutmp and getutmpx in glibc 2.1.x

    I'm trying to link Eterm 0.8.8 and it's looking for functions called
getutmp and getutmpx.
    I've been told that the functions getutmp and getutmpx are somewhere
in the glibc libraries but doing a nm on libc.a and libutil.a didn't
reveal anything.  In fact, doing an nm * | grep 'getutmp' came up flat
in my /usr and /usr/lib directories.
    I'm running Linux 2.2.3 with egcs 1.1.1, glibc 2.1.1(pre-release 1),
and binutils 2.9.1.0.19a (I think).
    I've installed everything using the /usr prefix.

P.S.  I'm not on this list so please reply directly.

--
IP Guy at NORTEL
Terabit Routing Development