Re: Commented Open PRs

Feedback on the first batch:

1466 - should be fixed now

1468 - will not be allowed, simply add correct entries, the lookup is
       performance relevant

1479 - this is what ELF says, eventually there will be a solution
       similar to Solaris' group

1496 - Andreas handled this

1512 - don't know

1519 - the second problem is solved, the first seems to be no problem at all

1570 - will not be fixed

1573 - might work now (with the new PTHREAD_MUTEX_ADAPTIVE_NP type);
       if not, should be a kernel problem

1605 - Solaris 8 behaves the same as we do: no change

1614 - Andreas handles this

1633 - should be fixed

1638 - no action; not everything documented applies for all platforms
       would require kernel change

1657 - Wolfram handle(s|d) this

1663 - should be fixed

1686 - just go ahead with a configure test; any volunteer?

1777 - I won't touch regex

1782 - should be fixed now

1788 - should be fixed now

1794 - should be fixed now
       We need a RPC test suite!!!

1810 - if this can be verified with the patch Andreas mentioned, close it

1813 - should be fixed now

I'm working on the rest which does not mean others should not look at
them either (I'm current looking at 1625).

Andreas: I would be grateful if you could split the list in truly not
handled case and those somebody (like me here) commented on and
proposed a solution.