Re: vismain failure

   Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 11:36:49 -0700
   From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl@lucon.org>

   Glibc doesn't use the ELF visibility directly. But it uses it
   indirectly via __dso_handle in crtbegin.o/crtend.o. That is if gcc
   is built by the binutils with the ELF visibility support, glibc will
    use it:

This happens only if you're using GCC snapshots.  IMHO the GCC folks
shouldn't make use of the ELF visibility stuff if the installed
binutils don't correctly support it.  I'm sure they will take care of
it in the official 3.0 release.  On the glibc side, we shouldn't force
people to upgrade their binutils if it's not strictly necessary.  GCC
2.95.2 together with binutils 2.10 works fine for compiling glibc,
except for the failing test.

Mark