Re: ELF visibility on PPC

I looked at this with a glibc from a few days' ago CVS, gcc 2.95.2,
and a binutils from 990713 from sourceware (did they have any
.protected support?).  I couldn't reproduce the bug, all glibc
testcases pass except for problems in test-ifloat with complex values
which I seem to remember are due to gcc 2.95.2.

Current binutils has the following results with protected visibility,
with my 2.1.3 glibc:

XFAIL: visibility (protected) (non PIC)
XFAIL: visibility (protected) (non PIC, load offset)
XFAIL: visibility (protected)
XFAIL: visibility (protected) (PIC main, non PIC so)
XFAIL: visibility (protected) (PIC main)
PASS: visibility (protected_undef) (non PIC)
PASS: visibility (protected_undef) (non PIC, load offset)
PASS: visibility (protected_undef)
PASS: visibility (protected_undef) (PIC main, non PIC so)
PASS: visibility (protected_undef) (PIC main)
XFAIL: visibility (protected_undef_def) (non PIC)
XFAIL: visibility (protected_undef_def) (non PIC, load offset)
XFAIL: visibility (protected_undef_def)
XFAIL: visibility (protected_undef_def) (PIC main, non PIC so)
XFAIL: visibility (protected_undef_def) (PIC main)
FAIL: visibility (protected_weak) (non PIC)
FAIL: visibility (protected_weak) (non PIC, load offset)
PASS: visibility (protected_weak)
FAIL: visibility (protected_weak) (PIC main, non PIC so)
PASS: visibility (protected_weak) (PIC main)

I will try upgrading my binutils to current sourceware and see if that
makes it appear, and incidentally if I can squish some of the FAILs.
I expect some of them are due to lack of support in this older glibc.

--
- Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@cygnus.com>