Re: glibc 2.1.92 tst-getdate failure on linuxppc

Franz> Thanks. Since you also did the new match tests in CVS, what can I do about:

Franz> Test: not testing FE_NOMASK_ENV, it isn't implemented.
Franz> Test: after fesetenv (FE_DFL_ENV) processes will not abort
Franz>       when feraiseexcept (FE_DIVBYZERO) is called.
Franz>   Pass: Process exited normally.
Franz> Tests for feenableexcepts etc. with flag FE_DIVBYZERO
Franz> Test: fedisableexcept (FE_ALL_EXCEPT) failed
Franz> Test: not testing FE_NOMASK_ENV, it isn't implemented.
Franz> Test: after fesetenv (FE_DFL_ENV) processes will not abort
Franz>       when feraiseexcept (FE_INVALID) is called.
Franz>   Pass: Process exited normally.
Franz> Tests for feenableexcepts etc. with flag FE_INVALID
Franz> Test: fedisableexcept (FE_ALL_EXCEPT) failed
Franz> Test: not testing FE_NOMASK_ENV, it isn't implemented.
Franz> Test: after fesetenv (FE_DFL_ENV) processes will not abort
Franz>       when feraiseexcept (FE_INEXACT) is called.
Franz>   Pass: Process exited normally.
Franz> Tests for feenableexcepts etc. with flag FE_INEXACT
Franz> Test: fedisableexcept (FE_ALL_EXCEPT) failed
Franz> Test: not testing FE_NOMASK_ENV, it isn't implemented.
Franz> Test: after fesetenv (FE_DFL_ENV) processes will not abort
Franz>       when feraiseexcept (FE_UNDERFLOW) is called.

Franz> in test-fenv.out? Can I just copy the implementations from another platform?
Franz> Which files do I need to look at as examples?

PPC is missing FE_NOMASK_ENV, feenableexcepts, fedisableexcepts and
fegetexcepts.  Have a look how other platforms handle these.  You
can't copy them from another platform since these functions are really
platform dependend - but looking at the other platforms you should get
the idea.

Franz> And the last one, the following FAIL undetected by make check, are they
Franz> expected? Do they happen on other platforms too?

Franz> posix/runptests.out:regexp: "[A-[.].]c]", string: "ab]!" -> no match, FAIL
From runptests.c:
  /* We should return here the error status but since some tests are known
     to fail this would only cause the libc testsuite to fail.  */
  //return errors != 0;
  return 0;

Andreas

--