[fyre@box3n.gumbynet.org: Re: ld-2.1.3.so allows users to run programs from noexec partition]

Anything new on this field ? ld-2.1.93.so still executes the file.

[]s

----- Forwarded message from Tim Robbins <fyre@box3n.gumbynet.org> -----

Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 12:28:13 +1100 (EST)
From: Tim Robbins <fyre@box3n.gumbynet.org>
To: security-audit@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk
Subject: Re: ld-2.1.3.so allows users to run programs from noexec partition

As far as I can tell, Michal Zalewski was the first to announce this in a
post to Bugtraq:

http://www.securityportal.com/list-archive/bugtraq/1999/Aug/0281.html

Tim

--
Tim Robbins
fyre@box3n.gumbynet.org

..  Now KEN and BARBIE are PERMANENTLY ADDICTED to MIND-ALTERING DRUGS..
                            - Zippy the pinhead

----- End forwarded message -----

--
 /*        Rodrigo Barbosa -  A.K.A. morcego       */
 /* rodrigob@conectiva.com.br - Conectiva R&D Team */

PGP signature