Re: removing old 2.1 headers

haible@ilog.fr said:
> We could remove the headers only if their md5 checksum matches the one
> from glibc 2.1.x. Can you check that the md5sum of DB 3.1 headers is
> different from the one of glibc 2.1 headers?

Please forgive my intrusion.  If the user who upgrades from glibc 2.1.x to
glibc 2.2(.x) uses some sort of package manager (e.g., rpm), that package
manager will take care of removing *all* the files belonging to the glibc
2.1.x package before installing the new glibc 2.2(.x) package...

That should take care of things for most candid users.  The ones that compile
and install glibc by themselves can probably be expected to know what to do
(and read some README file that tells them to remove whatever leftover
files...)

So why force it, with the potential of hurting someone, in a Makefile from
glibc 2.2 ?

Just my 0.02 currency...

					Christian