Re: iconv make check failures under ppc

Hi,

>These changes have no effect.  All 'asm' statements with no outputs
>are automatically considered 'volatile'.  Any problems you are seeing
>are most likely compiler bugs.

But we are using the same compiler, the same binutils, etc...

I still don't really understand why the two trees are testing out so
differently.

I am going to try and run some more tests on a another fresh checkout to
see if I can recreate the problem even with the "volatile" lines in place.

Also, none of these tests failed with my build of 2.1.92 (with the same
tools). The failures only started after all of the recent iconv changes
which I guess could mean eityher a logic error or a compiler error.

Kevin