Re: Unicode Regex

Ulrich Drepper wrote:

> Andreas Pour <pour@mieterra.com> writes:
>
> > I understand that people are interested in upgrading regex to work w/
> > Unicode.
>
> That's wrong.  Regex is supposed with the encoding of the locale which
> is not (only) Unicode.  Beside, that implementation is completely
> unusable.

Hi,

I see diplomacy is alive and well on this list :-).

Although I can't really understand your comment, it seems to suggest
that Perl's regex does not support locale encoding; I believe it does.
And as to useability problems, are you speaking from a code point of
view or from a user's point of view?  In either case, I am curious why
you think it would be harder to fix it than rewrite the whole thing from
scratch?

Ciao,

Andreas Pour

http://www.kde.com/ :  Everything KDE