Why is Redhat shipping glibc-2.1.92?

Hi,

The java-linux mailing list and the the blackdown jitterbug bug database
has already started to receive bug reports about our "broken" jdk's on
RedHat 7.0 which uses glibc-2.1.92.

Will someone please explain to me why Redhat shipped a beta version of
glibc-2.1.92 in Redhat 7.0 that was not well tested (and according to your
own make output at the end of the build not ready for "primetime" yet?)

This is so frustrating.

Is there someplace at Redhat or at the sourceware site we can point jdk
users at to get an official RedHat glibc update to at least what is
available in CVS right now?

I had no idea that Redhat was going to release glibc 2.1.92 in its 7.0
release or I would have started building the glibc pre-reeases much earlier
and tested the Blackdown jdks in enough time to at least point out that
glibc 2.1.92 was not yet ready for prime time.

Is there some Redhat release schedule, we (Blackdown) should have known
about that would have given us a hint to test the jdk under earlier
pre-releases of glibc 2.1.9X series?

We are typically so busy just keeping up with Sun releases of jdk source
that we do not regularly build glibc-pre releases until things get close to
final (and typically I do that but I had problems getting ppc to pass make
check until recent cvs snapshots).

Can/should we be trying to prevent this from happening again?

Thanks,

Kevin