Re: glibc 2.1.95 (5th test release)

> > The net result is that one ends up with a huge number of rebuilds
> > required against glibc 2.1.95 to totally purge your system of
> > any hybrid binaries linked against glibc 2.1.3 and glibc 2.1.95
> > built binaries. So this basically is a showstopper for us on ppc.
>
> I don't disagree.  But I cannot delay everything else indefinitely
> while waiting for this to be fixed.

If I understand this correctly, glibc 2.1.95 is not fully binary
compatible to glibc 2.1.3. Is that the case (or is it the case only on
PPC)?

If so, I'd recommend to either delay release indefinitely until this
is fixed, or to bump the major version. I feel that Linux users had
enough of "works most of the time" backwards compatibility.

OTOH, if that problem exists on PPC only, I could not care less...

Regards,
Martin