Re: 2.1.94: No way to compile for mipsel-linux-gnu w/o optimization

On 16 Oct 2000, Ulrich Drepper wrote:

> I don't think this is the way to do it.  But this can be decided when
> the cause of the problem is determined.  Why does the ld.so on MIPS
> include dl-open.os?  It's not happening on any other architecture.
> dl-open.c is part of libc and not ld.so.

 Thanks for pointing this out.

> Please find out why MIPS is different.

 The problem appears to be abort() that drags in other symbols.  MIPS uses
memchr.c, strchr.c and strlen.c from sysdeps/generic and they call abort()
when an unsupported size of long int is detected.  Couldn't we use
autoconf for this kind of checks and just bail out at the configure stage?
I may prepare a patch if this is the way to go.

  Maciej