Re: Patch for undefined behaviour in gcc

 > Roland McGrath wrote:-
>> You have missed the fundamental point.
>>
>> The implementation of glibc uses GCC extensions.  There is no reason it
>> should not.  If you want these warnings in your own code, fine.  But they
>> should not be reported for code in system headers, just like many other
>> warnings are not.

 > Development versions of GCC suppress all warnings in system headers,
 > for this very reason.

The warning didn't appear in system headers - have a look at my patch,
I patched also malloc.c and memset.S.  I do prefer that gcc compiles
glibc with as few warnings as possible.  The warning shouldn't happen
in system headers but I prefer to see it only with -ansi or even
-pedantic in normal files.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger