Re: EUC-KR and the Won sign

Ulrich Drepper writes:

> > I think the situation is worth, if not an error, then at least a warning.
>
> The warning is seen by those compiling the locales

This is on purpose, so people who try "localedef -f ISIRI-3342 ..." or
"localedef -f JOHAB ..." get a warning.

> (and even then it would have to be disabled when batch-processing
> the locale files).

Why? It's only an fprintf, it doesn't change localedef's exit status.

> I rather would like to see the two locale types, with and without
> ASCII compatibility, being available.  The people who actually use
> those locales know about the problem and can choose appropriately.

I agree. This would mean two different charsets, though. But instead
of inventing a new EUC-KR variant (EUC-KR-ASCII? EUC-KR-US?) it's
better to point them to an existing one: CP949 (upward compatible with
EUC-KR except for the backslash) or UTF-8. Therefore we might want to
add "ko_KR CP949" to localedata/SUPPORTED.

Bruno