Re: glibc patches for i18n enhancement

Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de> writes:

> - the code should follow the GNU coding standards, especially:
>   * Comments have two spaces after a period and before the closing */,
>     each comment ands with a period.
>   * curly braces are always on a separate line

I'm currently correcting this.

> - Do the testsuite pass all tests?  I would appreciate if you could
>   also add some tests for the new code.

Yes, tests are necessary.  As it is no new tests are added and since
we (understandably) have no charmap we cannot use the tst-tables.sh
script.  Well, we could have charmaps for ibm1046 and ibm856.

> Are these patches under the GPL?  In that case the standard GPL header
> can be added to them.

The copyright is cleared.  IBM has an assignment filed which this code
can be added to.  I'm adding appropriate headers.

> Uli will probably send more comments,

Yes, I've some more which I'll send separately.