Re: 64 bit PowerPC glibc

 > <de-cloak>
 > Hi All,

 >   I'm one of the PowerPC Linux maintainers. One of the things coming down the
 > pike for Linux is the full 64 bit PowerPC kernel. And as part of that effort is
 > the need for a 64 bit ppc glibc.
 >   I'm just starting hacking on that to hopefully make it happen. I've gone over
 > the info at
 > sources.redhat.com/glibc/ as well as at gnu.org. I've also been looking at the
 > porting document.
 >   From what I understand thus far it would appear most of the fun is going to be
 > in the sysdeps dir.
All the fun is in the sysdeps dir - you shouldn't need to touch
anything (except configure*) outside of it.

 >   I'm starting with the 2.2 sources.
Start with the current CVS version.

 >   Any other wise words I should be aware of? etc etc etc?
Not really - but have a look at other 64 bit platforms and how they
integrate the 32 bit support.  ia64 is the newest 64 bit platform and
you might include some of its files.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger