Re: [rfc] no more than 1020 threads total in a processes lifetime?

On Sun, Dec 24, 2000 at 08:39:17AM -0800, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:
>
> > This program exemplifies a problem in a Debian bug report that where
> > after creating more than 1020 threads (on my sparc, 1023 for him on
> > i386), it could no longer create any more threads. However, the main
> > thread hung after this (seemingly in pthread_create()). Is this test
> > case messed in someway, or is this a bug?
>
> Come on, if you are the responsible person for the C library then you
> must be willing to learn a bit.  The thread library behaves just fine.
> In the first section on any pthread introduction you'll find why.

I'm going through over 400 bug reports and validating them the best I
can. Obviously I can't know everything. If this is answered, then I'll
look. No need for belittling comments. Either way, from the FAQ.html in
linuthreads:

    D.4: My program creates a lot of threads, and after a while pthread_create() no longer returns!

   This is known bug in the version of LinuxThreads that comes with glibc 2.1.1. An upgrade to
   2.1.2 is recommended.

So why is it there in the linuxthreads used with glibc 2.2 (and yes,
this is using the glibc-linuxthreads-2.2.tar.gz)?