Re: glibc 2.1.1pre2 breaks libstdc++-v3 build

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Neil Booth wrote:

> > #  define printf(fmt, args...) fprintf (stdout, fmt, ##args)

> No.  I'm not playing games with where macros are defined - this has
> been suggested before.  In a general macro expansion, it's extremely
> non-trivial to know whether a token you're looking at comes from

I'll also suggest that warnings about what ISO C99 requires make sense
only for C99-style variadic macros, not for GNU-style ones with named rest
arguments.  That is, there should be no warning when named rest arguments
are not used; if the macro was defined outside a system header, and
pedantic warnings are on, there will already have been a warning at its
definition.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk