Re: manual maintainer?

On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 09:40:20PM -0800, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> Phil Edwards <pedwards@disaster.jaj.com> writes:
>
> > Anyhow, the reason I'm writing:  is there somebody in particular responsible
> > for the glibc manual?
>
> No.

Okay.  I'll try to keep this short.

We're trying to clean up libiberty a bit.  Among other things, I'm writing
a basic manual.  Some of the "extensions" of libiberty are pieces of glibc
which are nice to use on non-glibc systems.  Obstacks, for example.

For those parts of the manual, I'd like to do all of the following:

    a)  mention that the glibc manual is canonical
    b)  refer to a location of the glibc manual
    c)  include a copy of the relevent chunk of the manual

Doing (a) is simple.  For (b), there doesn't seem to be any online versions
of the manual.  At least, there are none mentioned by either of the glibc
homepages, so there aren't any "official" online versions of the manual.

Doing (c) seems likewise simple, thanks to @include statements.  :-)

Thoughts?  Comments?  Maybe a .dvi/.ps/.html copy of the glibc manual
could be put up somewhere?  Either a last-stable-release version, or a
nightly-checkout version?  Any problems with (c)?

Phil