Re: glibc-2.2.3 make check complaints

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

> I didn't get the test failure, but I am getting some weird stuff in
> other programs. Exim and mutt suddenly cannot do name lookups. I tracked
> it down to libnss_compat. Using "files" and/or "db" works fine (compat
> must be removed completely from nsswitch.conf.

I have not looked into it any further yet, but changing
/etc/nsswitch.conf and changing the passwd and group entries from
"compat" to "files" and re-running "make check" - all checks
passed. Whatever the problem it must be in something which changed
between 2.2.3-pre3 (which I am currently running with no problems) and
the final release. Either that or something has changed which exposes
a pre-existing bug.