Re: Re: pthreads in Linux

Hello,
	Thanks for the info. Well, we might be moving to glibc 2.2.2,
not 2.2.3. I looked into 2.2.2 code, and it looks like this
support comes into effect in 2.2.2 itself. So, we should be able
to use the ldt implementtaion on 2.4.2 with glibc 2.2.2 itself?
I do think a 'yes' here. but are there any other caveats in
2.2.2 in this regard that we may not be aware of?
Thanks

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On 12 May 2001 10:44:02, Andreas Jaeger (aj@suse.de) wrote:

> Kapish K <kapish@ureach.com> writes:
>
> > Hello,
> > 	Well, I looked at the code, and there are a few queries on
> > this:
> > Firstly, yes, sysdeps/i386/i686, there is a pt-machine.h,
which
> > includes useldt.h ( which has the #define for the register
> > support ) and pt-machine.h is included in internals.h, which
is
> > included when linuxthreads is compiled.
> > But, however, note that the useldt.h include in pt-machine.h
> > itself is commented out with the following comment:
> > /* Use the LDT implementation only if the kernel is fixed.
*/
> > //#include "../useldt.h"
>
> That's an old version of glibc you're looking it.
>
> > Now I am confused.. What does this 'kernel is fixed'
supposed to