Re: fde-glibc.c bug

HJ writes:
> gcc 3.0.1 cannot be used ASIS for glibc. I have been working on that.
> It looks changes to both gcc and glibc may be required. I can provide
> patches once we find a solution which is acceptable to everyone. It
> is not a trivial thing. To make it even more frustrating, most gcc
> developers don't realize there are several serious issuses with the
> currrent gcc 3.0.1.

I, for one, know and accept that there are issues.  It will make it
easier, though, if we can track any issues to make sure that they are
solved, e.g. with GNATS.  It's harder to argue when we have specific tests
that can be shown to fail.  For each individual issue, we should have
something in GNATS about it if at all possible.

For good reasons, developers are reluctant to accept patches unless it
can be shown what specific problems are solved.

Please don't get frustrated if people don't like the first patches you
propose.  These things can be worked out.