Re: Problem with per thread rpc context

On Mon, Jul 30, H . J . Lu wrote:

> Glibc 2.2.4 has the per thread rpc context for thread safe rpc. It
> works if you don't want to share the rpc context. But in some cases,
> you do want to share the rpc context among different threads, like
> creating a rpc context in one thread, passing it around among threads
> and finally destroying it in a different thread. This won't work with
> the current glibc 2.2.4. I am wondering if other thread safe rpc
> implementations support it or not.

I don't know of any other thread safe rpc implementation. Even the
one from solaris is not really thread safe (I don't konw in the moment
if the server side code or client code is not thread safe).

  Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk       http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/        kukuk@suse.de
SuSE GmbH            Deutschherrenstr. 15-19       D-90429 Nuernberg