2.2.4-pre3

Hello.

Just wanted to report success with the following on i686-linux.

gcc 2.95.3 + patches provided by AJ (thanks again)
binutils 2.11.2
linux 2.4.8

I also applied the inet_ntoa, strsignal, pthreads, and resolv sort diffs.
Unfortunately, everything (?) linked to libpthread segv'd.  I only built two
packages against this libc that actually used pthreads, fileutils (ls) and
make, before backing the pthread patch off and rebuilding.  All is well
without that patch.

I notice others are using newer binutils packages than I.. would that be the
issue and if so, what is the recommended version?

Thanks for the great work.