Re: Special symbol version for glibc's internal interfaces

>Hiding those symbols with GLIBC_PRIVATE would make it explicit that
>those are internal interfaces.
>
>Why didn't we follow this at first when adding symbol versioning to
>glibc?  What do other think about this?

What does that really buy you?  People can still link to the symbols if they
are determined, whatever version you give them.  The presence of the two
leading underscores ought to be sufficient to warn people that these are an
internal interface.

That said, I don't think your proposal will do any harm either.

p.