Re: glibc conditioning

Hi,

After I turned on 64-bit mode, I did several hours of numerical
crunching and indeed sometimes here and there there are some digits
(mostly beyond 6th) do not match results from Sparc Solaris. If I turn
on 80-bit, results are way off. I'm not sure if the difference comes
from the "non-IEEE conforming" FPU at 64bit mode, or comes from the
difference in the math library implementation.

Another problem we have in porting to Linux is the endian conversion
thing. The binary data (int and double) we wrote on Sparc Solaris of
course cannot be read out as is on Linux. What is the most
"professional" way of handling these things?

Jinsong