Re: gcc 3.x test matrix

Mark Kettenis <kettenis@wins.uva.nl> writes:

>    From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de>
>    Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2001 11:32:47 +0200
>
>    Mark Kettenis <kettenis@science.uva.nl> writes:
>
>    > I'll try to write the remaining test programs.  Unfortunately, it's
>    > not likely that I'll be able to do any of the actual testing, since my
>    > old Pentium MMX is far too slow and doesn't have enough disk space.
>    > I'm happy to coordinate the testing though.
>
>    Thanks for volunteering - if this matrix makes sense, I'll run the
>    tests on some machines I have access to (Athlon, ia64, Sparc,
>    PowerPC),
>
> OK, here are the promised tests, with the test instructions (these are
> also included in the README in the tarball).  When I start receiving
> test-results, I'll try to send summaries to libc-alpha from time to time.
>
> Mark

> This is a small testsuite for _Unwind_Find_FDE in glibc.  The tests
> should be compiled with GCC 3.0.1.  We should test both a glibc
> compiled with GCC 2.95.x and a glibc compiled with GCC 3.0.1.  All
> supported permutations of the usage of C++ code should be covered:

[...]

> Note that with a standard glibc (that is without Jakub's patch) the
> last two tests (dso-c-app and dso-load-c-app) fail.  They should
> succeed for a patched glibc.
>
> This testsuite can also be used for testing __frame_state_for in
> glibc.  For that purpose the tests should be compiled with GCC 2.95.x.
> Compilation of dummy.c will complain about the unrecognized option
> -static-libgcc, but this should be harmless.  Please test both the
> case where libgcc_s.so.1 (from GCC 3.0.1) is present in the library
> search path, and the case where it isn't.  Don't set LDFLAGS in this
> case.
>
> Please send the output of "make check" to
> libc-alpha@sources.redhat.com with a CC to kettenis@gnu.org.  Include
> the platform, the version of GCC used to compile glibc and the version
> of GCC used to compile the tests in your message.  If you used GCC
> 2.95.x to compile the testsuite, also mention whether libgcc_s.so.1 was
> present in the library search path.

I set up a chroot environment and run the test-eh tests:

On i686:
glibc (includes Jakub's patch) compiled with GCC 2.95.3+some patches
Tests with GCC 2.95.3: Successful

Installed gcc 3.0.1 in the chroot
Tests with GCC 3.0.1: Successfull

Rebuild glibc with GCC 3.0.1 and installed this glibc:
Tests with GCC 3.0.1: Succesfull

Tests with GCC 2.95.3 after removing libgcc_s.so from ld.so.cache:
./app
tsearch
make: *** [check] Aborted

Adding libgcc_so.so again gives the same result:
amdsim0:/tmp/test-eh# LD_DEBUG=libs ./app
23780:  find library=libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3; searching
23780:   search cache=/etc/ld.so.cache
23780:    trying file=/usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3
23780:
23780:  find library=libm.so.6; searching
23780:   search cache=/etc/ld.so.cache
23780:    trying file=/lib/libm.so.6
23780:
23780:  find library=libc.so.6; searching
23780:   search cache=/etc/ld.so.cache
23780:    trying file=/lib/libc.so.6
23780:
23780:
23780:  calling init: /lib/libc.so.6
23780:
23780:
23780:  calling init: /lib/libm.so.6
23780:
23780:
23780:  calling init: /usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3
23780:
23780:
23780:  initialize program: ./app
23780:
23780:
23780:  transferring control: ./app
23780:
tsearch
Aborted

dso-app and dso-load-app also fail:
amdsim0:/tmp/test-eh# ./dso-app
tsearch
Aborted
amdsim0:/tmp/test-eh# ./dso-load-app
tsearch
Aborted

but the dso-*c-app tests work. According to your comments this is
expected, isn't it?

Andreas

Btw. successfull tests mean:
./app