Procedure for introducing a new char. set

Hi:

Thanks for the info. It cut down the testing debugging time by a day :).

I have completed the code and it all works now. Currently I "piggyback" on
an existing charset to test it. I would like to introduce this sharcter set
into the glibc. What si the procedure for it.

I followed an exmaple that I read on the mailing list and modifies the Make
file and gconv-modules file to see if the new encoding would get registered,
but I got the following error:

make[1]: *** No rule to make target `tscii.os', needed by `others'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/src/glibc-2.2.4/iconvdata'
make: *** [iconvdata/others] Error 2

I am pretty sure I am not setting all the flags/files for this to work. Can
someone please pointout what files need to be modified and what kind of
info. is required in them. I can also email the two files to someone with
the required info.

Does this need to be tied to locale data too?

Thanks.

-D