Re: Is sysdeps/ieee754/dbl-64/e_remainder.c broken?

On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 03:41:06PM -0800, Geoff Keating wrote:
> > I am considering to use the old IEEE math library for MIPS.
>
> Wouldn't it be better to fix the new, better, library?

The problem is it is very hard to do that on my MIPS box. That is why
I wanted to use x86 for that purpose. I spent some time on the old IEEE
math library and know it is reasonably decent. I don't want to waste
my time on the IBM library if it is designed specifically for certain
machines. If Linux/PPC is ok with the IBM library, it is very likely
MIPS is not the machine the IBM library is designed for.

H.J.