Re: PATCH: Fix prelink for mips

"H . J . Lu" <hjl@lucon.org> writes:

> Here is a patch to make trunk to compile for mips. I looked at the
> prelink on mips. I don't think the generic prelink code will work for
> mips. When one day I find time, I will implement quickstart for mips.
> That means mips will have a very different dl-conflict.c. I also need
> to change the structure of the prelink command for mips if I don't
> want to start from the scratch. For the time being, this is the best
> I can do.

I don't see why this patch is *necessary*.  You should have no
problems compiling and using ld.so on MIPS since the code should be
portable and if the applications are not prelinked, the new code isn't
called.

Whether or not it can be implemented on MIPS is another question.
Prelinking has advantages over SGI's quickstart so it's certainly
desirable to try implementing preload.  If this is not possible we
still can move the file or make other changes which allow using it in
all situations.  It should not be necessary today, though.