Re: The relative timeout in linuxthreads

"H . J . Lu" <hjl@lucon.org> writes:

> I will add a new interface to support the timeout value in relative
> time to solve our problems. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Get the needed support in the kernel to handle clocks, absolute
timeouts etc..  Adding new interfaces is not an option.  The
discussions of the POSIX working will probably contain an explanation
why this is a bad idea.  In any case it would just encourage
incompatibilities which are only caused by the mostly terrible support
for RT POSIX features in the Linux kernel.