Re: Problem with VMware 2.0.4 and glibc 2.2.5

* Thorsten Kukuk writes:
> No, we should only remember that nearly all programs using nice()
> for Linux are "broken" and that we should not break all this
> applications with such a change. I think this is such a dramatic
> change which will break many applictions, that we should introduce a
> new version to give the people the chance to use their old binaries
> until all software is fixed.
This is getting really out of hand for a bug...

It was documented that it should return the new priority in the manual, it
didn't, and the bug got fixed.  Anyone depending on a bug is dramatically
stupid.

I think Ulrich put it nicely:
"No, we never do this for bug fixes.  If someone depends on a bug instead
of reporting it they deserve what they get."

--
Alfred M. Szmidt